Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Leanne Eisen

Leanne Eisen:


Leanne Eisen

Work from Scans

“Much like darkroom experimentation using burning and dodging, or the placement of objects directly onto the photographic paper’s surface to create photograms, each exposure represents a choreographed movement, a moment in time captured on a two-dimensional surface. By using trial and error, I reintroduce the possibility of happy accidents into the sterile and precise process of digital imaging. I have worked my way through a collection of scannable curios, from paper grids and greyscales to lights and reflective materials. I am now focusing on CD’s and DVD’s, thereby introducing a digital storage medium back into the scanning process.

Through this exercise, I’ve learned to exploit limitations of in order to introduce intentional glitches.” - Leanne Eisen

via GLI.TC/H

No comments:

Post a Comment