Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas, photography and video:
Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

Ben Thomas, photography

“I’m a London born, UK based artist and designer – raised in a few places and have now moved my studio back where it all began – in deepest darkest London. This is without doubt my most concise and relevant portfolio update – in the past I’ve focused too much on where I’ve come from as opposed to where I am now. Everything on the website is totally current in terms of where I am with my style and work. About 2 and half years ago I started to push myself as a professional digital artist. Since then I have worked solidly for the music industry, publishing industry and maintained a list of cool independent clients. One of the most noted qualities about my work is the strong use of colour and negative space – it’s a well documented fact that I have a bit of a fetish for both. Often my style is a juxtaposition of highly layered elements and wide open spaces. Essentially, my work is digital montage – but I layer my work to create as much depth as possible – often creating scenes in 3d software, exporting and recomposing in Photoshop with a mix of digital, vector and photographic elements. My tools of the trade are Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4d and (I’m starting to learn) Maya.”

Ben Thomas: website


Filmed & Directed – Ben Thomas // Editor – Gavin Kerr // Music – Michael Dow (Alderny Studios)

Makeup – Sally Marshall // Hair&Styling – Lucie Summer Hamilton // Grading/Post – Ben Thomas

Model – Agata Mazu

No comments:

Post a Comment